3 killed in shooting at house; suspected gunman found dead inside after fire

3 killed in shooting at house; suspected gunman found dead inside after fire

Three people were shot to death outside a suburban Chicago house Friday, according to police and security camera footage. The person who authorities believe carried out the deadly shooting in Oak Forest, Illinois, was later found dead inside the house after a large fire that sent flames shooting through the home’s roof.

Officers responded to a domestic disturbance call early Friday morning to find two victims in the house’s driveway and another victim in a nearby roadway, police said in a statement. The officers pulled the victims into their vehicles and took them away from the scene.

The victims were taken to hospitals and died from their wounds, police said. No details about the victims were immediately released.

As city officials urged people in the area to shelter in place, an unidentified child was “sent out” of the home, police said. Smoke and flames were later seen coming from the house.

A man who said he lives next door to where the shooting happened showed a CBS Chicago reporter a doorbell camera video that captured several people running out of the home. In the video, one person is seen running out of the camera frame and at least two people are seen falling to the ground, according to CBS Chicago.

People who live in the area reported hearing gunshots.

“About 6:20, 6:30, my wife shakes me awake and she tells me she thinks she heard a gunshot,” Jake Bittner told CBS Chicago.

Shortly after 7 a.m., city officials said on Twitter that police responded to a “barricaded subject” at the house and urged people in the area to shelter in place.

Authorities attempt to enter a house in Oak Forest, Illinois, after the house caught fire during an incident Sept. 23, 2022.


Firefighters also responded and were seen in aerial footage from CBS Chicago spraying water on the house from a distance as flames shot through the roof.

When the fire appeared to be under control, police officers in tactical gear and firefighters were seen entering the heavily damaged house.

This article was originally published here post


By clicking “Accept”, you agree to the use of cookies on your device in accordance with our Privacy and Cookie policies