It’s a new week in Destiny 2, but before you dive back into the Guardian Games and mop up any lingering bounties, there’s a fresh update to install. This week’s update isn’t too massive, and is mostly focused on the Guardian Games and a few weapon issues. According to the patch notes, an issue where progress on the Heir Apparent quest and its catalyst aren’t advanced by certain objectives. Another issue related to the Champ Seal not being gilded has also been resolved.
For those players who found that progress on the Fly the Flag bounty was taking too long, that task should now operate at the speed that Bungie intended it to. Outside of the Guardian Games, an issue where the Enhanced Eager Edge perk would deactivate earlier than intended has been addressed and an exploit that allowed players to gain a massive damage boost by swapping from a slug shotgun to another shotgun has been plugged. Related to that particular exploit, Bungie has added a two-second window where a weapon cannot be fired after swapping to it from the inventory screen.
With Season of the Deep kicking off on May 23, Bungie has been doing some fine-tuning on Destiny 2 ahead of its next major storyline. Getting those craftable weapons that you really want will be easier from next season, Trials of Osiris has some terrific golden gear to win when Season of the Deep begins, and there’ll be new Strand Aspects to unlock soon.
Cheaters might want to rethink their choices for a while, as Bungie keeps winning lawsuits against cheat-makers, with the latest legal victory awarding the company a $6.7 million judgment against Lavicheats in a US district court.
- Reverted the change that removed the third Refraction Core in Heist Battlegrounds.
- Fixed an issue where previously defeated enemies and Champions are respawning if players wipe in the Lake of Shadows boss room.
- Fixed an issue where the normal matchmaking options for Supremacy were missing their descriptions.
- Fixed an issue where the Heir Apparent quest and catalyst are not progressing via most main Medallion sources.
- Fixed an issue where the Fly the Flag bounty is taking much longer than intended to complete.
- Fixed an issue where the Champ Seal was not able to be gilded.
Gameplay and investment
- Fixed an issue where swapping from a Slug Shotgun to another Shotgun could allow massive damage output.
- There is now a two-second window where a weapon cannot be fired after swapping to it from the inventory screen.
- Fixed an issue where the Enhanced Eager Edge perk would deactivate earlier than intended.
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors.
GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.