The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom Mayachin Shrine Puzzle seems somewhat tricky at first. It involves a rolling ball that needs to hit a target, but you need to figure out a way to do that. Here’s our guide to help you solve the Mayachin Shrine Puzzle in Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom.
How to solve the Mayachin Shrine Puzzle in The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
The Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom Mayachin Shrine is found in Hyrule Field, which is further south of Lookout Landing. In fact, it’s right next to the Skyview Tower in the area.
Once inside, hop across the gap, and take note of the tools and devices in front of you:
- A large ball periodically rolls down the incline.
- There are Zonai Stakes, which can be pushed through objects to get them stuck completely.
- There are a few logs.
- Stepping on the plate will reveal the bullseye target.
- Hitting the switch right next to the plate will make the central device rapidly rotate.
Given the above, you’ll want to do the following:
- Bring one of the Stakes and rotate it horizontally, making sure to stick it straight through the central device.
- Attach one log to it. Then, attach the second log slightly on top of the first one to maximize its impact.
- Impact? Yes, we’re going to use this device as a makeshift bat. Go back to the switch and wait for the ball to roll. Once it’s close enough, hit the switch and the bat will smack the ball, causing it to roll up and strike the bullseye target.
This will complete the Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom Mayachin Shrine Puzzle. The door is already open, so you can claim the Light of Blessing.
But what about the chest? Well, we can also grab that. Here’s what you need to do:
- Bring out the Stake at the right-hand side (the one with the stone slab). Push that Stake vertically through the ceiling.
- Use Ultrahand to lift the stone slab, and attach it flat to the Stake. This will mean that it no longer covers the bullseye target to the right.
- Just like before, wait for the ball to roll, then hit the switch to swing the bat. With a bit of trial and error, the bat should smack the ball to the other bullseye target.
That’s it, you’ve completed the Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom Mayachin Shrine Puzzle and you also opened the chest. Don’t forget to take a look at our Shrine locations main guide for other brain teasers.
There are numerous mechanics and facets to learn in The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom. For more information, you can visit our guides hub.
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors.
GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.