The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom Tsutsu-Um Shrine Puzzle is somewhat akin to a pinball machine where a ball rolls along a path, only to bounce off obstacles. However, we could just cheese that part completely. Here’s our guide to help you solve the Tsutsu-Um Shrine Puzzle in Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom.
How to solve the Tsutsu-Um Shrine Puzzle in The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
The Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom Tsutsu-Um Shrine is found further southwest of Hyrule Field. If you’re already done the Mayachin Shrine Puzzle, then keep going southwest. You should see it on a rock formation overlooking the Outskirts Stable.
Once inside, take a look at the area:
- Beyond the gap, you’ll see the main puzzle, as well as the rolling ball and the bullseye target.
- To your right, you should see two plates.
- Attach these to the Stake along the moving pillar, then jump to reach the other side. There’s also a chest here with a measly 5x Arrows.
- Make sure you bring the Stake and the small plates to the other side as well.
Now, we have to look at the main puzzle itself. Here’s what you need to do:
- Upon reaching the lower section, create a tall structure consisting of the small plates and a Stake driven through the ground.
- Use Ascend to reach the higher section. Then, use Ultrahand to bring the plates up top.
- Attach one plate to a Stake, then drive that into the wall to the left of the Stake that’s already there.
- When the ball rolls, it will hit the plate and get stuck. You should be able to grab it.
Drop the ball to the lower section and bring all the objects with you (i.e., the Stakes on the wall and the plates). You’ll want to attach the ball to the Stake.
Then, move close to the edge of the platform while lifting that contraption with you. Then, at the very edge, jiggle the right thumbstick to force the two objects to detach. The minimal force and gravity will cause the ball to fall and roll straight into the bullseye target.
This is how we completed the Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom Tsutsu-Um Shrine Puzzle, though a bit of trial and error might apply. Don’t forget to take a look at our Shrine locations main guide for other brain teasers.
There are numerous mechanics and facets to learn in The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom. For more information, you can visit our guides hub.
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors.
GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.