The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom Typhlo Ruins Puzzle has a series of riddles that pertain to Link’s companions. Each one requires a particular power that needs to be used in a specific area. Here’s our guide to help you complete the Investigate the Typhlo Ruins Puzzle task in Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom.
The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom – Investigate Typhlo Ruins Puzzle guide
The Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom Typhlo Ruins Puzzle is found north of Lookout Landing, well past the Great Hyrule Forest (or Lost Forest). There’s a good chance that you’ll visit this zone, too, as there’s a Skyview Tower that reveals most of the surrounding area (barring the Lost Forest, of course, as it still needs to be cleansed).
Once there, you’ll meet a researcher named Kazul, who directs you to four tablets nearby. This begins the Investigate Typhlo Ruins side adventure, whereupon you’re given four tasks. Since each one requires the usage of a Sage companion ability/power, it goes without saying that you need to complete the main quests in the key regions first.
The Owl Protected by Dragons
- Location: A short distance to the southwest of the Skyview Tower, you’ll see a section where an owl is fully surrounded by dragon heads.
- Companion ability: Use Tulin’s Wind Burst while standing on the plate.
The Corridor Between Two Dragons
- Location: From the Skyview Tower, go west until you see an entrance path of sorts.
- Companion ability: Use Yunobo’s Rolling Fireball between the two dragon walls.
The Six Dragons
- Location: From where you used Yunobo’s power, go a bit to the north. You’ll see a shallow pond with several dragon heads.
- Companion ability: Activate Sidon’s Water Bubble ability, then hit the third dragon head from the left.
The Long Dragon
- Location: This one is fairly tricky, the statue is along the outer edge of the area. From the Skyview Tower, go directly southeast, almost at the edge along the swamp. There, you’ll see a dragon head facing Death Mountain. Trace a path from the dragon head to reach its “tail.”
- Companion ability: Cast Riju’s Lightning Strike on the stone plate/tail part.
After you’re done with all four Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom Typhlo Ruins Puzzles, the ground will shake and a small underground room will be revealed. Read the tablet entry, and collect your rewards, which include goodies like a Large Zonai Charge, Big Battery, Diamond, and a Dusk Claymore.
This completes the Investigate the Typhlo Ruins side quest in Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom. Well, since you’re already in the area, you might as well cleanse the Great Hyrule Forest and Deku Tree while you’re at it.
There are numerous mechanics and facets to learn in The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom. For more information, you can visit our guides hub.
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors.
GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.