The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom Utsushok Shrine puzzle asks a fairly simple question. It’s about how you’ll want to arrange or attach certain objects to complete your task. Here’s our guide to help you solve the Utsushok Shrine’s Long or Wide puzzle in Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom.
How to solve the Utsushok Shrine’s Long or Wide puzzle in The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom Utsushok Shrine can be found in the Faron region, specifically in the center and south part, where you’ll also see the Highland Stable. In fact, you’re likely to visit this place as you’re doing the Ishokin Shrine/Ride the Giant Horse quest.
As for the puzzle itself, the name provides the clue: you’ll either attach objects long (i.e. vertically) or wide (i.e. horizontally). The initial steps are fairly straightforward enough:
- For the first puzzle, simply use Ultrahand to grab and raise the handle, then drop it so it pushes the orb to the bowl.
- For the second puzzle, you’ll want to attach the block to the handle, slightly raised so it doesn’t hit the indentation on the floor. Raise it all the way to the top (i.e. use both the D-pad and the right thumbstick) for maximum force and impact. This will smack the orb so that it rolls to the target.
Now, the third puzzle in the Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom Long or Wide puzzle has a few more steps, as well as a chest that we need to acquire:
- Go “wide” by attaching the board sideways/horizontally to the handle. Then, smack the orb. This will spawn a cart.
- Reattach the board on the opposite side, but still sideways. Get on the cart, then use Ultrahand on the board. Press/tilt the controls to raise it all the way up, then hit the cart.
- This is important if you want to grab the chest:
- As soon as you hit the halfway point along the rails, use Ultrahand to pick it up and bring it all the way to the end.
- If you’re having a tricky time aiming at the chest while the cart is moving, you can cast Recall on the cart to slow the movement down a bit.
- The chest itself contains a Sneaky Elixir.
In any case, this completes the Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom Utsushok Shrine Long or Wide puzzle. This is but one of many activities that you can do in the game. Don’t forget to take a look at our Shrine locations main guide for all the other challenges that you can tackle. Moreover, since you’re already exploring Faron, you should definitely finish the Ishokin Shrine/Ride the Giant Horse quest.
There are numerous mechanics and facets to learn in The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom. For more information, you can visit our guides hub.
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors.
GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.